Rules and regulations
- The users should enter their membership number, name and the entry time in the gate register kept at the security counter while they enter inside the library. Similarly; when they leave the library the leaving time should be entered in the gate register.
- Silence must be observed inside the library and loud talking is prohibited in all parts of the library. As the library is the place of individual study and research, members should conduct themselves to maintain an atmosphere conducive to this. Use of mobile phone inside the library is not permitted. Photography/videography inside the library is prohibited normally, but special permission can be obtained.
- Books should be handled with care. Marking on books is most objectionable and may lead to cancellation of membership privileges. Our College Library is following Open Access System and hence the members have the privilege of direct access to book shelves in the Stack and Reference. It is important that the classified arrangements of books according to the numbers, is maintained in the shelves for the convenience of the members themselves. A book could be freely taken out of the shelves; on no account should they be shelved by the members as they lead to misplacement of books. Such books may be left on the nearest table and the same will be shelved by the Library Staff.
- Full time teachers are allowed to lend maximum 08 books and SACT teachers are allowed to lend maximum 08books and non teaching staffs are allowed to lend maximum 04 books from the library. However, holding of books for 30 days, renewal is obligatory.
- An Honours stream student can access 2 books and general stream students can access 1 book at a time for 14 days and can renew a book for maximum14 days from the college library.
- Reading room facility is available from Monday to Friday 11.00am - 4.00 PM and Saturday 11.00am to 2.00pm .
- In case of loss of Library book, the latest edition of the lost book is to be replaced to the library. Decision on out of print books will be taken by the Library Committee.
- Borrowed books are to be returned before appearing any Semester Examinations. No Mark sheet will be issued unless library clearance is issued by the library staff.
- Reference books can be used within the library reading room only.